Monday, April 27, 2009

Being new to Second LIfe

I am still a newby but that doesn't mean that I don't like to help out new people just arriving in Second Life just as much as I can. This week I have been able to work with a couple of new arrivals.

In addition to my own space I like to take them to the New Media Consortium and show them the orientation street, etc. I am not a NMC member but I appreciate the value of what they have put into place there.

Usually the first thing that a new arrival to second life wants to do is change their appearance..great fun! and a hard thing to explain. I have tons of skins and shapes in my inventory that I have picked up at the various freeby sites, which I probably should discard..they are someone else's idea of an evil joke I think. But what I can transfer over to a newby I will.

I also think it's important to share with new people the animations and use of HUDS. A good walk makes things much more easier in SL..the bouncy walk you are born with just wanders you all over the place.

I also took Nat, who is from Russia, to a live music event last night. Finally after about 20 minutes or so she mastered the dance ball at Rythym Park..love Fabius Aries and learned about shopping. After almost two months in Second Life she said she was happy she found out about it. She left early..I am sure to shop somewhere or just take a break from all that dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment